Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 10 The Book That Saved The Earth The answer to each chapter is provided in the list so that you can easily browse throughout different chapters NCERT Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 10 The Book That Saved The Earth and select need one.
Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 10 The Book That Saved The Earth
Also, you can read the SCERT book online in these sections Solutions by Expert Teachers as per SCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. These solutions are part of SCERT All Subject Solutions. Here we have given Assam Board Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 10 The Book That Saved The Earth Solutions for All Subjects, You can practice these here…
The Book That Saved The Earth
Chapter – 10
FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
TEXTUAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Why was the twentieth century called the ‘era of the book?
Ans: The twentieth century was called the ‘Era of the Book’ because at that time there were books about everything that ranged from anteaters to Zulus.
2. Who tried to invade the earth in the twenty – first century?
Ans: The Martians tried to invade the earth in 2040.
3. What guesses are made by think- tank about the books found on earth?
Ans: Think-tank guessed that they were sandwiches.
Think about it
1. Noodle avoids offending think-tank but at the same time he corrects his mistakes. How does he manage to do that?
Ans: Noodle avoided offending Think-Tank, but at the same time he corrected his mistakes. Whenever he had to say something contrary to what Think-Tank said, he would present his thoughts by referring to them as being of no particular importance. In this way he would correct Think-Tank’s errors without making him feel that he was being corrected.
2. If you were in noodle’s place, how would you handle think-tank’s mistakes?
Ans: If were in noodle’s place, I would do as noodle did politely.
3. Do You think books are being replaced by electronic media? Can you do away with books altogether?
Ans: Yes, we can say that books are being replaced by the electronic media . Most of the children no longer read story books and prefer to watch television and use internet.
4. Why are books referred to as a man’s best companion? Which is your favourite book and why? Write a paragraph about that book.
Ans: Books not only give pleasure but also inform us. Books show us the right path when we go astray, they entertain us when we get bored and serve as a companion when we feel lonely. My favourite book is ‘Wings of Fire’ witten jointly by Honorable APJ Kalam and Arun Tiwari.
Talk about it
1. In what ways does think-tank misinterpret innocent nursery rhymes as threats to the Martians? Can you think of any incidents where you misinterpreted a word or an action? How did you resolve the misunderstanding?
Ans: The words like ‘shell’ and ‘silver’ make Think-Tank think that humans grew them in farms. Then, there is a line about ‘cow’ and ‘moon’. Also, the picture of Humpty-Dumpty and the rhyme of ‘great fall’ make Think-Tank think that humans were about to invade Mars.
2. The aliens in this play speak English. Do you think this is their language? What could be the language of the aliens?
Ans: The characters or the aliens in the play speak the language of the writer, English is used only in ex-colonies of England. Mars has not yet been colonised by any superpower of the world. Hence neither English nor any other language on earth can be the language of the aliens.
|A Triumph of Surgery
|The Thiefs Story
|The Midnight Visitors
|A Question of Trust
|Footprints Without Feet
|The Making Of a Scientist
|The Hack Driver
|The Book That Saved The Earth
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.