Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 1 A Triumph of Surgery The answer to each chapter is provided in the list so that you can easily browse throughout different chapters NCERT Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 1 A Triumph of Surgery and select need one.
Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 1 A Triumph of Surgery
Also, you can read the SCERT book online in these sections Solutions by Expert Teachers as per SCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. These solutions are part of SCERT All Subject Solutions. Here we have given Assam Board Class 10 Footprints Without Feet Chapter 1 A Triumph of Surgery Solutions for All Subjects, You can practice these here…
A Triumph of Surgery
Chapter – 1
FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
TEXTUAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Read and find out –
1. Why is Mrs. Pampherey worried about trick?
Ans: Mrs Pampherey is worried about tricki because it has become very fat and it looks like a bloated sausage. Its eyes are red with blood and rheumy. Its tongue lolls down.
2. What does she do to help him? Is she wise in this?
Ans: she gives him more nutritious food to help him. No, she is not wise in this
3. Who does ‘I’ refer to in the story?
Ans: in this story ‘i’ refers to James herriot, the veterinary surgeon.
4. Is the narrator as rich as tricki’s mistress?
Ans: No the narrator is not as rich as tricki’s mistress.
5. How does he treat the dog?
Ans:He takes the dog to his surgery. He doesn’t give the dog medicine but controls its diet and gives ample scope to play with other dogs.
6. Why is he tempted to keep tricks on as a permanent guest?
Ans: He is tempted to keep tricks on as a permanent guest because Mrs. Pampherey sends lots of things for tricki. He uses those for himself.
7. Why does Mrs. Pampherey think the dog’s recovery is ‘ a triumph of Surgery’?
Ans: Mrs. Pampherey thinks that tricki’s recovery is ‘a triumph of Surgery’ because the dog is treated by a surgeon in his surgery.
Think about it
1. What kind of a person do you think the narrator, a veterinary surgeon is? Would you say he is tactful as well as full of common sense?
Ans: in fact, the veterinary surgeon is a very practical man with a lot of common senses. He is also tactful. He clearly finds out the cause behind tricki’s illness and succeeds in recovering it.
2. Do you think tricki was happy to go home? What do you think will happen now?
Ans: yes, tricki was happy to go home. But Mrs. Pampherey will possibly give him lost of food and make him ill again.
3. Do you think this is a real-life episode, or mere fiction? Or is it a mixture of both?
Ans: I think this is a real-life episode. It is not mere fiction. But it contains the quality of fiction.
Talk about it
1. This episode describes the silly behaviour of a rich woman who is foolishly indulgent, perhaps because she is lonely. Do you think such people are merely silly, or can their actions cause harm to others?
Ans: persons like Mrs. Pampherey are silly because they have no common sense. They don’t know that too much of anything is bad. They can cause harm to others.
2. Do you think there are also parents like Mrs. Pampherey?
Ans: yes, definitely there are parents like Mrs. Pampherey in our society who later repent.
3. What would you have done if you were: (1) a member of the staff in Mrs. Pampherey ‘s household, (2)a neighbour? What would your life have been like, in general?
Ans: if I had been a member of Mrs. Pamphrey’s s staff I would politely advise her to cut tricki’s food down and arrange for the dog’s exercise. But had I been a neighbor of her I would strongly advise her not to give the dog excessive nutritious food?
My life would have been o. K as I act using any common sense.
4. What would you have done if you were in the narrator’s place?
Ans: if I had been in the narrator’s place I would have done exactly the same thing as he did. He did not exploit Mrs. Pampherey. He just playfully ate part of tricki’s food that would cause the dog harm.
|1.||A Triumph of Surgery|
|2.||The Thiefs Story|
|3.||The Midnight Visitors|
|4.||A Question of Trust|
|5.||Footprints Without Feet|
|6.||The Making Of a Scientist|
|8.||The Hack Driver|
|10.||The Book That Saved The Earth|
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.