AJB Class 8 English Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee, Assam Jatiya Bidyalay | অসম জাতীয় বিদ্যালয় English Class 8 Question Answer to each chapter is provided in the list of SEBA so that you can easily browse through different chapters and select needs one. Assam Jatiya Bidyalay | AJB Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee Class 8 English Question Answer can be of great value to excel in the examination.
Jatiya Vidyalaya Class 8 English Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee covers all the exercise questions in Assam Jatiya Bidyalay SEBA Textbooks. The AJB Class 8 English Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee provided here ensures a smooth and easy understanding of all the concepts. Understand the concepts behind every chapter and score well in the board exams. All the Jatiya Bidyalay English Class 8 Solutions provided here are provided by subject experts as per the Latest NCERT Guidelines. You can click on the Chapterwise AJB Class 8 English Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee.
The Miller of the Dee
Chapter – 2
EXERCISE QUESTION ANSWER
1. Name one collection of poetry by charles Mackay. (চাৰ্লছ মেকেৰ এখন কবিতা সংগ্ৰহৰ নাম লিখা ?)।
Ans: Voices from the crowd was a popular collection by charles Mackay.
2. Where did the Miller live ? (মিলাৰে ক’ত বাস কৰিছিল ?)
Ans: The Miller lived beside the river Dee.
3. Why did the king went to exchange his heart with miller ? (কিয় ৰজাই মিলাৰৰ সৈতে তেওঁৰ অন্তৰখন বিনিময় কৰিব বিচাৰিছে ?)
Ans: Because the king saw that the Miller was so happy where as he himself was unhappy, and he realised that the miller’s humble like was much more desirable than his royal life.
4. What makes the Miller sing so loud and free ? (মিলাৰক স্পষ্ট আৰু মুক্তমনে গান গোৱাত কোনে উৎসাহিত কৰিছিল ?)
Ans: The Miller has a small happy family with his wife and three children. He has love for them all even to his friends also. He worked in the Mill from morning to night and earned his head himself. He was not in debt and there was no one to pay a penny. He envies nobody and nobody envies him too. Above all he was thankful to river Dee. These all make the miller sing so loud and free.
5. Explain with reference to the context. (প্ৰসংঘৰ সংগতি ৰাখি ব্যাখ্যা কৰা) “Such men as thou are england’s boast O miller of the Dee!” (তোমাৰ দৰে মানুবোৰ ইংলেণ্ডৰে গৌৰৱ হেৰা দি নদীৰ পাৰৰ জাঁতকলৰ মালিক।)
Ans: when the king realised that the Miller’s humble life was more desirable than his royal life, he praised him utering the sentence. The Miller lived a happy and contented life with his wife and three children. He never neglected his duty. He worked and earned himself. He was not in debt as there was none to envy him. He was happier than the skylark comparing to him the king says that as a king he avails everything but he was unhappy, and praised the Miller of the Dee as pride of England.
6. Find out four words from the poem that rhyme with ‘Dee'(কবিতাৰ পৰা ‘Dee’ শব্দৰ লগত ছন্দ মিলা চাৰিটা শব্দ বাচি উলিওৱা)
Dee ⇨ he
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.
1 thought on “AJB Class 8 English Chapter 2 The Miller of the Dee”
The Miller of the dee subtence.