Indian History GK Part – 6
101. The period of ……………………was the golden age of Mughal architecture.
(d) Shah Jahan
Ans:- (d) Shah Jahan.
102. The battle of first Panipath was fought in
(a) 1500 A.D.
(b) 1526 A.D.
(c) 1757 A.D.
(d) 1556 A.D.
Ans:- (b) 1526 A. D.
103. Who among the following built Quwat-u-lsam Mosque ?
(a) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
Ans:- (a)Qutun-ud-din Aibak.
104. Which of the following occupied an important position in Indus religion ?
(c) Mother Goddess
Ans:- (c) Mother Goddess.
105. In which ofthe following year Bengal was partitioned ?
Ans:- (c) 1905.
106. Indian National Congress was founded in
Ans:- (b) 1857.
107. The early Aryans divided their deities’ into……………………..Class.
Ans:- (a) 3
108. Ain -i- Akbari was written by………………..
(b) Abul Fazal
Ans:- (b) Abul Fazal.
109. When did Jaliwanwala Bagh tragedy take place ?
Ans:- (c) 1919.
110. Who among the following said ‘Swaraj is my birth right ?
(a) Raja ram Mohan Roy
(b) Annie Besant
(c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
Ans:- (c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
111. Who was the president of the Pandu Session of Indian National Congress ?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Srinivas Ayenger
(c) W.C. Banerjee
(d) A.O. Hume
Ans:- (c) W.C. Banerjee.
112. In which of the following year was the Assam Association formed ?
Ans:- (d) 1903.
113. Mughal Dynasty was founded by…………………..
(d) Shah Jahan
Ans:- (b) Aurangzeb.
114. Doctrine of lapse was introduced by………………..
(a) Lord Canning
(b) Lord Dalhousie
(c) Lord William Bentinck
(d) Lord Clivve
Ans:- (b) Lord Dalhouse.
115. In India, among the following locations, the Dutchbestablished their earliest factory at
Ans:- (b) Pulicat.
116. The aim of education as stated by the Woods dispatch of 1854 was-
(a) The creation of employment opportunities for native Indians.
(b) The spread of western culture in India.
(c) The promotion of literacy among the people using English medium of language.
(d) The introduction of scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education.
Ans:- (d) The introduction of scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education.
136. Which one of the following statements is not correct ?
(a) Ali Mardan Khan introduced the system of revenue farming in Bengal.
(b) Maharaja Ranjit Singh set up modern foundries to manufacture cannons at Lahore.
(c) Sawai Jai Singh of Amber had Euclid’s Elements of Geometry’ translated into Sanskrit.
(d) Sultan Tipu of Mysore gave money for the construction of the idol of Goddess Sharda in the Sringeri temple.
Ans:- (a) Ali Mardan Khan introduced the system of revenue farming in Bengal.
137. Which one of the following provisions was not made in the Charter Act of 1833 ?
a) The trading activities of the East India Company were to be abolished.
(b) The designation of the supreme authority was to be changed as the Governor-General of India in Council.
(c) All law-making powers to be conferred on Governor-General in Council.
(d) An Indian was to be appointed as a Law Member in the 50. Governor-General’s Council.
Ans:- (d) Indian was to be appointed as a Law Member in the 50, Governor-General’s Council.
138. With reference to colonial rule in India, what was sought by the 1bert Bill in 1883 ?
(a) To bring Indians and Europeans on par as far as the criminal jurisdiction of courts was concerned.
(b) To impose severe restrictions on the freedom of thenative press as it was perceived to be hostile to colonial rulers.
(c) To encourage the native Indians to appear for civil service examinations by conducting them in India.
(d) To allow native Indians to posses arms by amendi the Arms Act.
Ans:- (a) To bring Indians and Europeans on par as far as the criminal jurisdiction of courts was concerned.
139. In India, the first Bank of limited liability managed by India and founded in 1881 was:
(a) Hindustan Commercial Bank
(b) Oudh Commercial Bank
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) Punjab and Sind Bank
Ans:- (b) Oudh Commercial Bank.
140. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched ?
ListI (Period) List lI
1. AD 1767-69 First Anglo-Maratha War
2. AD 1790-92 Third Mysore War
3. AD 1824-26 First Anglo-Burmese War
4. AD 1845-46 Second Sikh War
Seect the correct answer using the codes given below-
(a) 2 and 4
(b) 3 and4
(c) 1 and 2
(d) 2 and 3
Ans:- (d) 2 and 3.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.