Indian History GK Part – 3
41. The Indus Valley people knew the use of-
(a) Gold, tin, bronze but not copper
(b) Gold, silver, copper, bronze but not iron
(c) Copper, iron, gold but not bronze
(d) Silver, lead, iron but not gold
Ans:- (b) Gold, silver, copper, bronze but not iron.
42. Knowledge about the existence of which of the following animals is doubtful in the Indus Valley Civilization ?
Ans:- (b) Cat.
43. Palaeolithic remains have been discovered in
Ans:- (c) Bellary.
44. The script of the Harappan people consisted of
(a) None of these
(b) A family of quasi – pictographic writings.
(c) A family of geometrical shapes
(d) A combination of both picture and geometrical shapes
Ans:- (b) A family of quasi – pictographie writings.
45. Which of the following Harappan sites had a dock ?
Ans:- (d) Lothal.
46. Which of the following statements regarding Indus Valley Civilization is incorrect ?
(a) There was a great communal bath in Mohenjo Daro.
(b) Excavations at Lothal proved that the civilization was confined to Harappa and Mohenjodaro only.
(c) The supreme god was the Pipal God
(d) People had great artistic sense.
Ans:- (b) Excavations at Lothalproved that the civilization was confined to Harappa and Mohenjodaro only.
47. At which of the following places have excavations in recent years brought to light new evidence of Neolithic sites in India ?
(a) Daimabad in Ahmednagar
(b) Sringaverapura in U.P.
(c) Hulas in Saharanpur
(d) Hamren in Assam
Ans:- (d) Hamren in Assam.
48. Which of the following presents the most significant feature of Indus Valley Civilization?
(a) First true arches
(b) Burnt brick buildings
(c) Art and architecture
(d) Buildings of worship
Ans:- (b) Burnt brick buildings.
49. The figure of the god that was depicted in the seal of Indus Valley people is
Ans:- (a) Pashupati.
50. The remains of a wooden drain of Indus Valley Civilization have been found at
Ans:- (d) Mohenjodaro.
51. Of The following Harappan sites those not in India are
(a) Lothal and Kalibangan
(b) Lothal and Ropar
(c) Mohenjodaro and Harappa
(d) Bhanwali and Ropar
Ans:- (c) Mohenjo Daro and Harappa.
52. Rice cultivation is associated with Harappan site of
Ans:- (c) Lothal.
53. Which of the following sites is associated with Harappan culture ?
Ans:- (a) Lothal.
54. Which of the following is incorrect concerning Mohenjo-Daro ?
(a) There was no drainage system.
(b) Bathrooms were important features of most houses.
(c) It was a well planned city.
(d) Buildings were of varying sizes.
Ans:- (a) There was no drainage system.
55. At which Harappan site have traces of a horse been found ?
Ans:- (b) Surkotda.
56. Indus Valley Civilization was spread over
(a) Punjab, Sind, Bihar, Rajasthan, Gujarat
(b) Sind, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, U.P., Rajasthan, Gujarat
(c) Punjab, Sind, Baluchistan
(d) Along Indus river
Ans:- (b) Sind, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, U.P. Rajasthan, Gujarat
57. The Indus Valley houses were built of
Ans:- (b) Bricks.
58. The God with three heads and horns, Surrounded bu animals, represented on a seal from Mohenjo Daro is said to be
Ans:- (b) Pashupati.
59. The Indus Valley Civilization flourished during
(a) 2500-1750 B.C.
(b) 1500-500 B.C.
(c) 3000-1500 B.C.
(d) 5000-3500 B.C.
Ans:- (c) 3000-1500 B.C.
60. The Indus Valley people worshipped
(c) Mother Goddess
Ans:- (c) Mother Goddess.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.