Indian History GK Part – 5
81. There are similarities between the,seals found at Mohenjodaro and
Ans:- (d) Sumeria.
82. The famous figure of a dancing girl found in the excavations of Harappa Was made up of
(b) Red limestone
Ans:- (c) Bronze.
83. Which of the following statements regarding the Indus Valley Civilization is not true?
(a) The excavations at Harappa are attributed to R.B. Daya Ram Sahni.
(b) The open courtyard was the basic feature of house planning.
(c) he Assembly Hall was discovered at Mohenjodaro
(d) The Indus Valley people were not acquainted with the art of spinning and weaving.
Ans:- The Indus Valley people were not acquainted with the art of spinning and weaving.
84. The Stone Age people had the first domestic
85. Near the banks of which of the following rivers, the recent excavations have brought to light that Indus Valley Civilization percolated to far south ?
Ans:- (c) Krishna.
86. Archaeological excavations have revealed remains of stadium in
Ans:- (d) Lothal.
87. Excavations at which one of the following sites give evidence of continuous habitation and cultural evolution from the Stone Age to the Harappan culture ?
Ans:- (c) Dholavira.
88. In Neolithic age, the image of an animal or a plant as a Symbol for a clan, or group of families living together was called ?
Ans:- (c) Tote.
89. The original home of the Aryan, according to Lokmanya Balgangadhar Tilak, was-
(a) Central Asia
(c) Arctic region
Ans:- (c) Arctic region.
90. Which of the following is correct ?
(a) During the Rigvedic Period varnas were hereditary
(b) During the Rigvedic period untouchability was common.
(c) During the Rigvedic period inter-varna marriages Wers forbidden.
(d) During the Rigvedic period inter-dining among the varnas was allowed.
Ans:-(D) During the Rigvedic period inter-dining among the varnas was allowed.
91. Which of the following cultures practised the use of burns and phallus worship ?
(a) Palaeolithic age
(b) Mesolithic age
(c) Neolithic age
(d) Chalcolithic age
Ans:- (c) Neolithic age.
92. Negrito race is the earliest people of India; this race now survives in the people of-
(a) Andaman Islands
(b)Chhota Nagpur Plateau
(c) Nagaland region
(d) None of the above
Ans:- (a) Andaman Islands.
93. The Battle of Ten Kings was fought on the land-
(a) Both the sides of Yamuna
(b) The and between Ganga Yamuna
(c) Eastern Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- (B) The land between Ganga and Yamuna.
94. The paintings of Palaeolithic age have not been found in-
(b) Kaimur range
(c) Mirzapur District
95. Which of the following is incorrect ?
(a) Widow marriage was allowed among the Rigvedic
(b) The Purdah system did not exist among the Rigvedic Aryans.
(c) Sati custom was common among thé Rigvedic Aryans.
(d) Rigvedic women had a right to participate in religious ceremonies.
Ans:- (c) Sati custom was common among the Rigvedic Aryans.
96. What was the historical name of Ancient India ?
Ans:- (d) Bharatvarsha.
97. Which Technique was known as prepared core technique ?
(a) Clactonian Technique
(b) Levalloisien technique
(c) Stratigraphy technique
(d) Tool types technique
Ans:-(b) Levalloisien technique.
98. Which of the fotlo wing statement is incorrect ?
(a) The castes were not hereditary during the later Vedic age.
(b) Inter dining among different castes was not forbidden during the later Vedic age.
(c) Inter-marriages among these upper castes were in vogue during the Vedic age.
(d) Untouchability Was coñmon during later Vedic age.
Ans:- (D) Untouchability was common during later Vedic age.
99. Which of the following known as nani Manav-
Ans:- (c) Homeosapians.
100. The Slave dynasty was founded by –
(c) Sultana Razia
(d) Quubuddin Aibak
Ans:- (d) Qutubuddin Aibak.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.