Class 12 Swadesh Adhyayan Chapter 2 Demography of Assam, Class 12 Question Answer to each chapter is provided in the list of AHSEC so that you can easily browse through different chapters and select needs one. Class 12 Swadesh Adhyayan Chapter 2 Demography of Assam Question Answer can be of great value to excel in the examination.
Class 12 Swadesh Adhyayan Chapter 2 Demography of Assam Notes covers all the exercise questions in HS 2nd Year Swadesh Adhyayan Textbooks Solutions. The Assam Board Class 12 Swadesh Adhyayan Chapter 2 Demography of Assam provided here ensures a smooth and easy understanding of all the concepts. Understand the concepts behind every chapter and score well in the board exams.
Demography of Assam
Chapter – 2
1. According to the census of 2011, the total population of Assam is
Ans. 3.12 crore.
2. The decadal growth of population during 2001 – 2011 in Assam is
Ans. 16.9 percent
3. The percentage of population engaged in primary sector in Assam is about
4. As per 2011 census the literacy rate in Assam is
5. The percentage of population engaged in Quinary activities in Assam is
6. The population density in Assam as per 2011 census is
Ans. 397 per/km2
7. The female literacy rate in Assam according so I 2011 census is
Ans. 66.3 per cent.
8. The first ever census in Assam was held in the year.
9. Show the percentage of population engaged in different sector of the occupation
Ans. The percentage of population engaged in different sector of the occupation / economic activities are as follow –
(a) Primary Activities – 52.4% (agricultures 40% and Agricultural Labour 12.4%).
(b) Secondary Activities 14.0%
(c) Tertiary Activities – 24.3%
(d) Quaternary Activities – 6.3%
(e) Quinary Activities – 3.0%
10. What one the pillars of HRD? Name them accordingly.
Ans. The main pillars of a successful HRD strategy con be –
(a) Legal Requirements.
(b) Employee Engagement.
(c) Career Advancement Programs.
(d) Corporate Image.
(e) Employee self-service (ESS).
(f) Performance Management System. and
(g) Employee exit management.
11. What is skill development? How it can be achieved?
Ans. Skills development is the process of identifying one’s skill gaps and developing and honing those skills. It is imperative to adapt, survive and succeed. Skill development is now inevitable to succeed in the years to come.
Skill Development can be achieved in many ways.
Some of the technique to start with are –
(a) To be curious.
(b) Developing one’s learning skill.
(c) Being a versatile.
(d) Finding role models and mentors. and
(e) Taking challenges and testing owns ability.
Moreover, the government should ensure that individuals have access to quality education and training opportunities, while also supporting employers to locate the skill they need. In an endeavour to prepare a generation of skilled employees and leaders in alignment with the modern day market demands, India launched the skill India campaign for the development of skills of the youths of the country.
12. Name the hilly districts of Assam? State at least four causes of low density of population in the hilly districts.
Ans. The three hill districts of Assam are Dima Hasao, Karbi Anglong and West Karbi Anglong.
Causes behind the low density of population in the hilly districts of Assam are –
(a) Terrain character of the land.
(b) Lack of amenities of life.
(c) Shifting location. and
(d) Facilities provided by the authorities are meagre.