Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 3 Marooned Swiss Family is the answer to each chapter is provided in the list so that you can easily browse throughout different chapters Shankardev Shishu Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 3 Marooned Swiss Family and select need one.
Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 3 Marooned Swiss Family
Also, you can read the Assam Board book online in these sections Solutions by Expert Teachers as per SCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. These solutions are part of Shankardev Sishu Niketan All Subject Solutions. Here we have given Assam Board Shankardev Vidya Niketan Class VI English Chapter 3 Marooned Swiss Family Solutions for All Subjects, You can practice these here…
Marooned Swiss Family
Chapter – 3
SHANKARDEV SISHU VIDYA NIKETAN
TEXTUAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Why did Flora bark excitedly?
Ans: Flora saw a flock of flamingos behind the bushes and so he barked excitedly.
2. Where did the family build the house? What was the contribution of Fritz and the author in building the house?
Ans: The family built the house in a giant tree. Fritz and the author contributed a lot in making the house. Fritz and the author were busy cutting away the branches in the middle of the tree. Then nailed down some planks and made a floor with a wooden fence around it. They also hung sin hammocks on to some higher branches, and finally covered the branches with sailcloth & make a roof.
3. Where was the dining room? How was it made?
Ans: The dining room was at the foot of the tree.
The author made a table and some benches and made their dining room at the foot of the tree.
4. What did they do on the Sunday after they finished building the house?
Ans: On the Sunday after they finished building the house,they prayed, took rest and then enjoyed talking to each other.
5. Who didn’t agree to the name ‘Eagle’s Nest’? Why?
Ans: The writer didn’t agree to the name ‘Eagle’s Nest’. He thought that eagle is the king of birds but they were not kings. So he didn’t agree to the name ‘eagle’s nest’.
6. ‘I think it’s time for us to give a name to our home’.
(a) Who spoke these words and to whom?
Ans: The author spoke these words to his family.
(b) Why did he want to name the other parts of the island as well?
Ans: He wanted to name the other parts of the island as well to remind them of their adventure.
(c) Which was the first place to the named?
Ans: The first place to the named was the bay where they landed.
B. Make sentences with the following :
eg. On the grass – I love to walk on the grass in the morning.
(1) to one of the lower branches – His kite was stuck to one the lower branches of the tree.
(2) of our giant tree – The branches of our giant tree are spreading.
(3) under the tree – There is a snake hole under the tree.
(4) into the house – He came into the house again to take his umbrella.
(5) Over the branch – We can see a bird over the branch.
(6) On the back of the cow – The little boy is sitting on the back of the cow.
(7) with a wooden fence – The house is surrounded with a wooden fence.
(8) by the river – They saw a boat while they were walking by the river.
(9) in front of us – Mrinal is standing in front of us.
1. Why did they build a ladder?
Ans: They build a ladder in order to climb into the house that they were going to build in a giant tree.
2. Where did they found the bamboos growing?
Ans: They found the bamboos growing by the river.
3. How did the younger boys bring the planks from the seashore?
Ans: The younger boys brought the planks from the seashore on the backs of the cow and the donkey.
4. What did they hang on to the higher branches?
Ans: They hung six hammocks on to some higher branches.
5. What did they use as a roof of their house?
Ans: They used the sailcloth as a roof of their house.
6. Why did they name the bridge ‘Family Bridge’?
Ans: They named the bridge ‘Family Bridge’ because all the family helped to make it.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.