Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Strategy PDF the Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was created in 1932. Since its inception, our state has seen its wild turkey and white-tailed deer populations restored, the return of the American alligator and bald eagles, and 800,000 acres of wildlife habitat have been conserved and protected through our 38 wildlife management areas.
Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Strategy
Opportunities to hunt, fish, canoe, wildlife watching, and camp have expanded greatly thanks to the collective efforts of our agency staff, partners, other agencies and organizations and our congressional, state and legislative leadership.
Funding for traditional programs is provided by hunting and fishing licenses and through federal aid provided by the Pittman-Robertson Act, the Dingell-Johnson Act, and Wallop-Breaux Amendment.
Where we have devoted our attention, resources and applied our knowledge of wildlife and fisheries management, many game species and their habitats have thrived. Yet the vast majority of our wildlife species have not received sufficient management attention, and many have fallen through the cracks.
Today we spend most of our budget on 14 percent of the wildlife and fisheries species in our state, while the other 86 percent receive almost no attention until they are in danger of extinction. Like all states, we face widespread declines and losses across all species groups and ecosystems.
In the U.S. over 1,200 animals and plants have been federally listed as threatened or endangered. Over 90 more are proposed for listing and another 250 are candidates. In Mississippi, 86 species are listed.
To prevent more species from becoming threatened or endangered, and to keep the common species common, we as an agency, a state, and a country must broaden our attention to the great diversity of wildlife and natural communities as a whole. It is time for MDWFP to extend its efforts to truly be an “all wildlife agency”.
Disclaimer:- Dev Library is not the owner of the books and neither does it create books. We just provide the links to the book for the rural and poor students who don’t afford to buy books. Those E-Books and Pdfs are already available on the internet. For any reason, if someone thinks that I’m violating any laws or if anyone has any issues regarding this, please feel free to Contact Us.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.