Class 10 Social Science MCQ Chapter 5 Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region, SCERT Class 10 Social Science Multiple Choice Question Answer As Per New Syllabus to each chapter is provided in the list of SEBA Class 10 Social Science Objective Type Question Answer and Short Type Question Answer so that you can easily browse through different chapters and select needs one. Class 10 Social Science MCQ Chapter 5 Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region can be of great value to excel in the examination.
SCERT Class 10 Social Science MCQ Chapter 5 Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region
Class 10 Social Science MCQ Chapter 5 Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region covers all the exercise questions in Assam Board SCERT Textbooks. Class 10 Social Science MCQ Chapter 5 Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region provided here ensures a smooth and easy understanding of all the concepts. Understand the concepts behind every chapter and score well in the board exams.
Culture Heritage of India and North-East Region
Chapter – 5
Multiple Choice Questions & Answers
1. The number of slokas in Bharat Muni’s Natya Shastra is—
Answer: (c) 6000.
2. Number of languages that have been recognized as the state languages by the constitution of India are—
Answer: (a) 22.
3. The term ‘Vasudhaiva kutumbakam’ derived from—
(a) The Unishad.
(b) The Mahopanishad.
(c) The Mahabharata.
(d) The Ramayana.
Answer: (b) The Mahopanishad.
4. The author of ‘Discovery of India’ is—
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru.
(b) Mahatma Gandhi.
(c) Abdul Kalam Azad.
(d) Goutam Buddha.
Answer: (a) Jawaharlal Nehru.
5. The term ‘Unity in diversity’ was established in—
(a) Discovery of India.
(b) The Ramayana.
(c) The Bhagawat.
(d) The Geeta.
Answer: (a) Discovery of India.
6. The term ‘Satyameva Jayate’ is derived from
(a) The Mahabharat.
(b) The Geeta.
(c) The Mundaka Upanishad.
(d) The Purana.
Answer: (c) The Mundaka Upanishad.
7. The oldest written religious book in the world
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Purana.
Answer: (d) Rigveda.
8. The Indus Valley civilization collapsed in
(a) 1200 BC.
(b) 2000 BC.
(c) 1500 BC.
(d) 3000 BC.
Answer: (c) 3000 BC.
9. The modern form of Assamese language developed in the magazine—
Answer: (c) Arunodoi.
10. The king who started to build the ‘Talatal Ghar’ of Sivasagar was—
(a) Sargadeu Rudrasingha.
(b) Sargadeu Gadadhar Singha.
(c) Sargadeu Pramatta Singha.
(d) Sargadeu Rajeshwar Singha.
Answer: (a) Sargadeu Rudrasingha.
11. The first Assamese news magazine ‘Arunodoi’ was published in—
Answer: (d) 1846.
12. The most famous Assamese of middle age was—
(a) Ananta Kandali.
(b) Srimanta Shankardeva.
(c) Madhab Kandali.
(d) Sri Sri Madhabdev.
Answer: (b) Srimanta Shankardeva.
13. ‘Chapchar Kut is the festival of which tribe?
(a) The Nagas.
(b) The Mizos.
(c) The Khasis.
(d) The Jayantias.
Answer: (b) The Mizos.
14. The meaning of the term ‘Mizo’ is—
(a) Resident of plain.
(b) Simple man.
(c) Resident of hills.
(d) Resident of village.
Answer: (c) Resident of hills.
15. Sah Milan came to Assam during the reign of Ahom King—
(a) Gadadahr Singha.
(b) Siva Singha.
(c) Rudra Singha.
(d) Pramatta Singha.
Answer: (a) Gadadahr Singha.
16. The recipient of the Padmashree in folk music is—
(a) Dr. Bhupen Hazarika.
(b) Rameswaar Pathak.
(c) Kahagen Mahanta.
(d) Pratima Pande Baruah.
Answer: (d) Pratima Pande Baruah.
17. The Hornbill festival of Nagaland is celebrated on—
(a) The first 10 days of October.
(b) The first 10 days of December.
(c) The first 10 days of January.
(d) The first 10 days of July.
Answer: (b) The first 10 days of December.
18. The group that brought the technique of making jaggery from corn to India Civilization and culture is—
(a) The Austries.
(b) The Nigros.
(c) The Dravidians.
(d) The Mangoliyas.
Answer: (a) The Austries.
19. Which dance of the following is the classical dance of Andhra Pradesh—
(c) Bharat Natyam.
Answer: (b) Kuchipuri.
20. The Ahom king who completed the construction of multi-storey ‘Talatal Ghar’ was
(a) Rajeswar Singha.
(b) Sakraddhaj Singha.
(c) Chandrakanta Singha.
(d) Rudra Singha.
Answer: (a) Rajeswar Singha.
21. Which following ethnic groups invented the technique of weaving clothes by entracting yarn by cotton—
(a) The Austrics.
(b) The Dravidians.
(c) The Mangoliyas.
(d) The Nigros.
Answer: (a) The Austrics.
22. The number of government recognised classical dance in India are—
Answer: (b) 8.
23. Who coined the term North East—
(a) The Aryans.
(b) The Mughals.
(c) Colonial British rulers.
(d) The Mangolians.
Answer: (c) Colonial British rulers.
24. The council formed by Government of India for the development of North Eastern Region is—
(a) North-East Council.
(b) North East Development Finance Corporation.
(c) North East Research and Social Work Networking.
(d) Rastriya Gramin Vikash Nidhi.
Answer: (a) North-East Council.
25. Which of the following tribal group belongs to the Austric group
Answer: (d) Khasi.
26. ‘Arthasastra’ was written by—
(d) Madhab Kandali.
Answer: (c) Kautilya.
27. ‘Padya Gita’ was written by—
(a) Ananta Kandali.
(b) Ram Saraswati.
(c) Rudra Kandali.
(d) Gobinda Mishra.
Answer: (d) Gobinda Mishra.
28. The first nat (drama) of Sankardeva was—
(d) Kaliya Daman.
Answer: (a) Chihnajatra.
29. ‘Rongali Bihu’ is celebrated for—
(a) 5 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 8 days.
Answer: (b) 7 days.
30. The name of the classical dance of Assam is—
Answer: (a) Satriya.
Very Short & Short Type Questions and Answers
1. When was the developed civilization formed in the Sindhu Valley.
Answer: Around 4000 BC, a developed civilization was formed in the Sindhu valley.
2. Where was the Indus Valley civilization formed?
Answer: The Indus valley civilization was formed in the Sindhu valley.
3. Who were the main architects of the Sindhu civilization?
Answer: Dravidians were the main architects of the Sindhu civilization.
4. Which period is started to be the Vedic era?
Answer: The Vedic era started after the fall of the Sindhu civilization around 1500 BC.
5. Name the oldest written religious book.
Answer: The Rigveda was the oldest written religious book.
6. Which period is considered to be the pre-vedic era?
Answer: On the basis of the time of the writing of the oldest written religious book, the Rig Veda, the period between 1500 BC to 1000 BC is considered to be the early-vedic era or pre vedic era.
7. Which period is considered to be the later-vedic era?
Answer: The period between 1000 BC to 600 BC is considered to be the later vedic era.
8. When was the Arya culture extended to the entire India?
Answer: The Arya culture extended to the entire India by 400 BC.
9. Who were the main architects of the vedic culture?
Answer: A group of Nordies were the main architects of the vedic culture.
10. What does the Nordies speak?
Answer: Nordies speak the Aryan language.
11. Write names of two Upanishadas in ancient India?
Answer: The two Upanishadas in ancient India are
(a) Brahmana. and
12. Name two great epics in ancient India?
Answer: The two great epics in ancient India are:
(a) Ramayana. and
13. Name the political related book in ancient India?
Answer: The political related book in ancient India was—
(a) Kautily’s Arthashastra.
14. Name two medicine related book in ancient India?
Answer: The two medicine related book in ancient India are
(a) Sarak Samhita. and
(b) Susruta Samhita.
15. Name the Historical related book in ancient India?
Answer: The Historical related book in ancient India are Rajtarangini by Kalhan.
16. Which book established the term ‘Ahimsa Param Dharma’?
Answer: Mahabharata established the term ‘Ahimsa Dharma’.
17. Which book established the term Janani Janmabhumischa Swaragadapi Gariyasi?
Answer: Ramayan established the term ‘Janani Janmabhoomischa swargadai Gariyasi.
18. Which book established the term ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’?
Answer: Mohonipanishad established the term ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.’
19. Which day has the united Nations declared as the International Yoga Day?
Answer: The united Nations declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day.
20. When did the Barman Bansha was formed?
Answer: In the 4th century.
21. Who worship Doney polo?
Answer: Some tribes of Arunachal Pradesh worship Doney polo.
22. Where is the festival Hornbill celebrate?
Answer: The festival Hornbill is celebrate in Nagaland.
23. Who raised ‘Heraka’ movement?
Answer: Freedom fighter Rani Gaidalu.
24. What is the soul system of Meghalaya?
Answer: Meghalaya has a matriarchal society.
25. What does the word ‘Mizo’ mean?
Answer: The term Mizo means inhabitants of the Hills.
26. How was assam connected to china?
Answer: Assam was connected to china through the great Six Route.
27. Who wrote Saptakanda Ramayana?
Answer: Madhab Kandali wrote Saptakanda Ramayana.
28. Name the first Drama of Shankardeva.
Answer: China Jatra is the first Drama of Shankardeva.
29. In which year the first Assamese magazine Arunodoi was published?
Answer: The first Assamese magazine Arunodoi was published in 1846.
30. When the Islamic religion migrated to Assam?
Answer: Trace of Islamic religion was first formed in Assam in the 13th century.
31. Write the name of holy place of Islam in Assam?
Answer: Poa Macca in Hajo is the holy place of Islamic people.
32. Who wrote Hastibidyarnava?
Answer: Sukumar Borkaith wrote Hastibidyarnava.
33. From where Ajan Fakir came to Assam?
Answer: Ajan Fakir came to Assam from Baghdad.
34. What was the real name of Ajan Fakir?
Answer: The real name of Ajan Fakir was Sah Milan.
35. The eastern boundary of the Sindhu Valley extended to which part of the Ganges Valley?
Answer: The eastern boundary of the Sindhu Valley extended to Meerut of Ganges Vally.
36. What are the two main characteristics of India Culture?
Answer: The two main characteristics of Indian Culture is- multiculturalism and Unity in diversity.
37. Who was author of the book ‘Discovery of India’?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru was the author of the book ‘Discovery of India’.
38. Which book did established the term ‘Unity in diversity’?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru in his book ‘Discovery of India’ established the term unity in diversity.
39. Name a scientist of ancient India.
Answer: Aryabhatta/ Barahmihir/ Brahmagupta/ Bhaskaracharya I and II/ Maharshi Bharadwaj.
40. Which two styles are mixed in the temple of the vesara style?
Answer: Vesara styled temple are mixture of Nagar and Dravid style.
41. Greek Roman technique were used in which style of sculptures of India?
Answer: Greek Roman technique were used in gandhar style of sculptures of India.
42. Which dynasty sponsored the Amaravati art?
Answer: The satavahana dynasty sponsored the Amaravati art.
43. When was the Natyasastra by Bharat Muni written?
Answer: The natya shastra by Bharat Muni was written between 200 BC to 2nd Century.
44. How many slokas are there in the Natyasastra?
Answer: There 6000 slokas in Natyasastra.
45. Who compiled the book ‘Yogasutra’?
Answer: Maharshi Patanjali compiled the book ‘Yogasutra’.
46. What do the Naga consider the bird hornbill?
Answer: The Naga consider the bird hornbill to be sacred.
47. When do the Naga celebrate the ‘Hornbill Festival’?
Answer: The ‘Hornbill Festival’ is celebrated in the first ten days of the month of December.
48. What is Heraka Movement?
Answer: Freedom fighter Rani Gaidalu launched a movement named ‘Heraka’ for the revival and preservation of the traditional beliefs and cultural heritage of the tribes of Nagaland.
49. Most of the Maitai community in Manipur are of what cult?
Answer: Most of the Maitai community in Manipur are followers of Chaitanya’s cult.
50. Impact of which culture is seen in the majority of people of Tripura?
Answer: Impact of Bengal culture is seen in the majority of people of Tripura.
51. How many people of Meghalaya are Khristian?
Answer: More than 70 percent people of the state are khristian.
52. Most of the hill people in the North east are engaged in what method of cultivation?
Answer: ‘Jhum’ method of cultivation.
53. What was the ancient name of Assam?
Answer: The ancient name of Assam was Pragjyotishpur and Kamrup.
54. The name Assam is believed to come from which word in the Boro language?
Answer: The name Assam is believed to come from Boro word ‘ha-chom’.
56. What is ‘charyapada’?
Answer: Charyapada is some of the Mahayana sect songs written between the 10th and 14th centuries AD.
57. Who was the first among the languages of North east India to translate the ‘Saptakanda Ramayana’ into Assamese among the languages of North East India.
Answer: Madhab Kandali 1st translate the ‘Saptakanda Ramayana’ into Assamese among the languages of North East India.
58. Under whose patronage did Madhab Kandali?
Answer: Under Barahi king Mahamonikya’s patronage Madhav Kandali.
59. Who wrote ‘Padya Gita’?
Answer: Gobinda Mishra wrote ‘Padya Gita’.
60. Who wrote ‘kirtan’?
Answer: Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardeva wrote Kirtan.
61. Who wrote ‘Namghosa’?
Answer: Mahaprursh sri sri Madhabdeva wrote ‘Namghosa’.
62. What are the main theme of Manipuri dance?
Answer: The childhood of the saint chaitanya, lord Krishna are the main theme of Manipuri dance.
63. Who was the first to introducing prose literature in Assamese?
Answer: Bhattadev was the first to introduce prose literature.
64. Who composed zikir and zari?
Answer: Ajan peer composed zikir and zari.
65. When was stone gate of Da-Parbatia made?
Answer: The stone gate of Da-parbatia was made in 6th Century.
66. Who influenced the sculptures of Da-Parbatia of Tezpur?
Answer: The sculp tures of Da-Parbatia was influenced by Gupta Sculptures.
67. What was the duty of Changrung Phukan?
Answer: Changrung Phukan was an officer of Ahom period, he supervised the construction and measurement of the roads, places, temples, houses etc.
68. What is ‘koral’?
Answer: In Ahom period, one indigenous type of concrete was made by mixing eggs, bora rice, cat fish etc materials for forming the bricks which is known as ‘koral’.
69. Which artist got Padmashree award for the contribution in folk song?
Answer: Pratima Baruaha Pande was the artist got Padmashree award for the contribution in folk song.
70. What is the name of the first news magazine of assam?
71. What is zeng Bihu?
Answer: The women of Upper Assam perform the bihu separately in the field. This bihu is called Zeng Bihu.
72. Which tribe of North-East is a part of the Austrian ethnic group?
Answer: The Khasi of Meghalaya belong to the Austrian ethnic group.
73. Name one popular ojapali performer from Darang?
Answer: Lalit Chandra Nath/Kinaram Nath.
74. Which Ahom King started to build multi-storey “Talatal Ghar’?
Answer: Sargadeu Rudra Singha.
75. Sufi saint Azan pir come to Assam during the reign of which Ahom King?
Answer: During the reign of Godadhar Singha.
76. ‘Chapchar kut’ is the traditional festival of which state?
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.