Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 5 A Tiger in the Zoo, Class 10 English MCQ Question Answer, Class 10 English Multiple Choice Question Answer to each chapter is provided in the list of SCERT English Class 10 Objective Types Question Answer so that you can easily browse through different chapters and select needs one. Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 5 A Tiger in the Zoo Question Answer can be of great value to excel in the examination.
SCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 5 A Tiger in the Zoo
SCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 4 Madam Rides the Bus Notes covers all the exercise questions in SCERT Science Textbooks. The NCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 5 A Tiger in the Zoo provided here ensures a smooth and easy understanding of all the concepts. Understand the concepts behind every chapter and score well in the board exams.
A Tiger in the Zoo
Chapter – 5
Multiple Choice Questions & Answers
1. The word ‘rage’ means–
(i) get up
(iv) cell of these
Ans. (iii) Anger.
2. Here (in the poem) ‘He’ refers to–
(iii) zoo incharge
(iv) gate keeper
Ans. (ii) Tiger.
3. The eyes of the tiger lool–
(iv) none of these
Ans. (ii) Bright.
4. Who passes near the water hole–
(ii) a deer
(i) the tiger
(iii) a Rat
(iv) a squirrel
Ans. (ii) A deer.
5. The tiger was is–
(i) a jungle
(ii) a concrete cell
(iii) a cave
(iv) all of these
Ans. (ii) A concrete cell.
6. The tiger should hide to himself–
(i) in a jungle
(ii) in shadow of long grass
(iii) in shadow of tree
(iv) behind the wall
Ans. (ii) In shadow of long grass.
7. Snarling means–
(i) sound of birds
(ii) sound of animal
(iii) sound of tiger
(iv) sound of People
Ans. (ii) Sound of animal.
8. The tiger see at night–
Ans. (iii) Stars.
9. What Personified in the poem–
(i) a pig
(ii) a tiger
(iii) an elephant
(iv) a squirrel
Ans. (ii) A tiger.
10. The ‘Shadow’ refers in the poem–
(i) long grass
(iii) concrete cell
(iv) all of these
Ans. (i) Long grass.
Very Short Type Questions & Answers
1. Who is the poet of the poem ‘A Tiger in the Zoo?
Ans. ‘Leslie Norris’ is the poet of the poem ‘A Tiger in the Zoo’.
2. Who stalks in the vivid stripes?
Ans. ‘The tiger’ stalks in the vivid stripes.
3. Where does the tiger stalk?
Ans. The tiger stalks in a cage.
4. What shadow does the poet refer in the poem?
Ans. The poet refers a shadow of long grass in the poem.
5. Where does plump deer pass by?
Ans. The plump deer passes by the water hole.
6. Where should the tiger be snarling?
Ans. The tiger should be snarling at the edge of jungle.
7. Where was the tiger locked?
Ans. The tiger was locked in a concrete cell.
8. What sound does the tiger hear at night?
Ans. The tiger hears the sound of patrolling cars at night.
9. How does the tiger terrorise the villagers?
Ans. The tiger terrorises the villagers by showing his fangs and claws.
10. What does the tiger see at night?
Ans. The tiger sees bright star in the sky at night.
11. Choose the meaning of the underlined words from the alternatives given in brackets:
(i) He stalks in vivid stripes
(moves slowly and quietly remains in idle/moves quickly)
Ans. Moves slowly and quietly.
(ii) But he is locked in a concrete cell.
(iii) And stars with his brilliant eyes…..
(dull/ very bright/angry)
Ans. Very bright.
(iv) In his quiet rage.
Ans. Violent anger.
(v) In his quiet rage.
(vi) At the jungle’s edge.
12. ‘He stalks in his vivid stripes.’
Who is meant by the ‘He’. What is meant by ‘vivid stripes’?
Ans. The ‘He’ means the Tiger. The stripes are the contrasting lines on the body of a tiger.
13. The few steps of his cage?Whose cage is referred to here?
Ans. The tiger’s cage is referred to here.
14. What should the tiger be doing near the water hole?
Ans. The tiger should be lurking in shadow sliding through long grass near the water hole.
15. What do the tiger do near the water hole?
Ans. The tiger slides through the long grass.
16. What is meant by ‘plump deer’?
Ans. ‘Plump’ deer means healthy deer with fleshy bodies.
17. Why do the tiger move near the water hole?
Why should the tiger be lurking near it?
Ans. Because deer came there to drink which would provide the tiger with the chance to prey on.
18. What is a water hole?
Ans. A water hole is a small pond like water source that provides water to the thirsty wild animals.
19. What is there at the jungle’s edge’?
Ans. There are houses and villages at the edge of the jungle.
20. What do you mean by ‘the edge of the jungle’?
Ans. Edge of the jungle means border of the forest.
21. What does the tiger do at the edge of the village?
Ans. At the edge of the village the tiger snarls baring its claws and terrorising the village.
22. How would you explain the line, “Baring his white fangs, his claws’?
Ans. The line gives a description of the tiger’s behaviour while it wanders near the villages at the edge of the forest. It goes on showing its sharp teeth and hook like nails used to prey on animals.
23. ‘Terrorising the village’. Who terrorises the village and when?
Ans. The tiger terrorises the village when it wanders near the village at the edge of the forest.
24. How does the tiger feel inside the cage?
Ans. The tiger inside the cage is angry and displeased.
25. How does the cage affect the tiger?
Ans. The cage limits the strength and movement of the tiger. It stalks within the limited space of the cage.
26. Why,do you think,the tiger ignores the visitors?
Ans. The cage is not the natural habitat of the cage. Confinement has turned it angry and probably that is why he ignores the visitors.
27. What is the last voice heard by the tiger at night?
Ans. The last voice heard by the tiger at night was the sound of the patrolling car.
28. How does the tiger look at the stars?
Ans. The tiger stares with bright eyes at the bright stars.
29. What is meant by ‘quiet rage’?
Ans. It means that the anger of the tiger in the zoo is suppressed.