Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 8 Endangered Animals And Birds of Assam is the answer to each chapter is provided in the list so that you can easily browse throughout different chapters Shankardev Shishu Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 8 Endangered Animals And Birds of Assam and select need one.
Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 8 Endangered Animals And Birds of Assam
Also, you can read the Assam Board book online in these sections Solutions by Expert Teachers as per SCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. These solutions are part of Shankardev Sishu Niketan All Subject Solutions. Here we have given Assam Board Shankardev Vidya Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 8 Endangered Animals And Birds of Assam Solutions for All Subjects, You can practice these here.
Endangered Animals And Birds of Assam
Chapter – 8
SHANKARDEV SISHU VIDYA NIKETAN
TEXTUAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
A. Complete the following sentences in your own words:
(1) Assam’s hills and forests are enriched with beautiful birds and animals.
(2) Pied mynah is found on the plains and low foot hills.
(3) The scientific name of golden languor is trachypithecus geei.
(4) The number of rhino is rapidly declining due to rapid destruction of forest and climatic changes.
B. Answer the following :
(1) Where is Assam located?
Ans: Assam is located in the North-Eastern Region of India.
(2) What is the scientific name of pied mynah?
Ans: The scientific name of pied mynah is sturnus contra.
(3) Where do orioles spend much of their time?
Ans: The orioles spend much of their time in the tree canopies.
(4) What does hornbill feed on?
Ans: Hornbills feed on fruits and small animals.
(5) Who considered golden langur as a sacred animal?
Ans: Many Himalayan people considered golden langur as a sacred animal.
(6) What is the horn of a rhino composed of?
Ans: The horn of a rhino is composed of pure keratin, like human finger nails..
(7) What does a civet feed on?
Ans: A civet feeds on birds, frogs, snakes, eggs, crabs etc.
1. Where is the pied Mynah usually found?
Ans: The pied mynah is usually found on the plains and low foot hills. Sometimes they are seen in cities and villages also.
2. What is the peculiarity of a hornbill?
Ans: The hornbill is characterized by a long down-curved bill.
3. Where is the golden langur found?
Ans: The Golden langur is found in a small region of Western Assam and in the foothills of neighbouring Bhutan.
4. What is the length of the horn of a one-horned rhino?
Ans: The length of the horn of a one-horned rhinos is from 25 CM to 57 CM.
5. Describe the civet?
Ans: Civets are usually greyish brown. They have white and bars black along the neck. They also have two white stripes and three black stripes on the tail. The hair on the back is longer.
Grammar and usage
1. Change the following sentences into interrogative sentences :
(a) He likes to play hockey.
Ans: Does he like to play hockey?
(b) My sister can cook well.
Ans: Can your sister cook well?
(c) Sita is an intelligent girl.
Ans: Is Sita an intelligent girl?
(d) I wrote a letter yesterday?
Ans: Did you write a letter yesterday?
(e) We will play football tomorrow.
Ans: Will you play football tomorrow?
(f) He has seen the Taj Mahal.
Ans: Has he seen the Taj Mahal?
2. Choose the correct comparative to fill in the blanks :
(a) Sita is more intelligent than Rita (intelligent / more intelligent)
(b) Today the weather is better than yesterday’s. (better/ good/best)
(c) Raja is more honest than Rakesh. (honest/more honest)
(d) Raja is heavier than that. (more heavy/heavier/heaviest)
(e) Harish is more careful than pritam. (careful/more careful /most careful)
(f) Mr. Kumar is wealthier than Mr. Prasad. (wealthy/wealthier/more wealthy)
3. Match the following animals with their homes:
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.