Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 7 Rain in Summer is the answer to each chapter is provided in the list so that you can easily browse throughout different chapters Shankardev Shishu Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 7 Rain in Summer and select need one.
Niketan Class 6 English Chapter 7 Rain in Summer
Also, you can read the Assam Board book online in these sections Solutions by Expert Teachers as per SCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. These solutions are part of Shankardev Sishu Niketan All Subject Solutions. Here we have given Assam Board Shankardev Vidya Niketan Class VI English Chapter Solutions for All Subjects, You can practice these here.
Rain in Summer
Chapter – 7
SHANKARDEV SISHU VIDYA NIKETAN
TEXTUAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
A. Answer the following questions in a sentence or two.
1. How does the poet describe the rain?
Ans: The poet described the rain as beautiful.
2. What is the sound of the rain falling on the roofs like?
(a) the bleat of the sheep.
(b) the sound made by the feet of running horses.
(c) the marching of soldiers.
Ans: (b) the sound made by the feet of running horses.
3. How does the rain water come out of the spout of the pipe?
Ans: The rain water gushes and struggles at of the spout of the pipe.
4. Which words or phrases help you understand that it is a heavy rain?
Ans: ‘How it clatters along the roofs’- this line states that it is a heavy rain.
2. Read the poem once more and answer the following :
1. ‘Heat’ rhymes with ‘street’s. What are the other rhyming pairs you find in the poem?
Ans: Rain – lane; roofs – hoofs; out – spout; wide – tide; pours – roam;
2. ‘It clatters along the roofs like the tramp of hoofs. It is a simile. Can you find another simile. Can you find another simile in the poem?
Ans: ‘It pours and pours…… like a river down the gutter roars’- is a simile.
3. Can you recall a nursery rhyme about rain, that you have learnt as a child as a child? How is this poem different from that?
Ans: A nursery rhyme about rain is –
Come again another day
Little Johnny wants to play
Rain rain go to Spain.
Do not show you face again
Rain rain go away.
‘Rain in Summer’ is different from the above nursery rhymes. This poem has depicted the picture of rain in Summer. But this rhyme is the feeling of a little boy who wants the rain go away as he wants to play.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Part-Time Blogger, Web Designer & Digital Marketer. Founder of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT, and BA, B.com, B.Sc with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Study Materials, and more.