Indian History GK – Ancient, Medieval, Modern – Today We Discuss Indian History – Ancient, Medieval, Modern Any Government competitive exam, we try to give you the most Important MCQ type Questions and Answers.
Indian History GK
Indian History GK we cover under the All Competitive exam as follows, Assam Govt Recruitment Grade II, Grade III & Grade IV Any of the Post, APSC, Assam Police, Post Office Exam, PNRD Exam, any Medical Exam, Forest Guard Exam, APDCL Exam, Agriculture Exam, and other state exams. You can follow these Apps and Youtube Channel prepares for all exams.
Indian History GK Part – 1
1. The main characteristic of the Indus Valley Civilization was
(a) Town planning
(b) Drainage system
(c) Well laid out roads
(d) Pucca houses
Ans:- (b) Drainage system.
Read Also: Indian History Short Notes – Ancient, Medieval, Modern
2. The main occupation of the people of the Indus Valley civilization was-
(b) Cattle rearing
Ans:- (a) Agriculture.
3. Which one of the following archaeologists initially discovered the Mohenjodaro site of the Indus Valley Civilization ?
(a) Sir John Marshall
(b) Rakhal Das Banerji
(c) Daya Ram Sahni
(d) Sir Martimer Wheeler
Ans:- (b) Rakhal Das Banerji.
4. Which one of the following was not an Indus Valley Civilization site ?
Ans:- (b) Patliputra.
5. Man started settling in –
(a) Palaeolithic Age
(b) Mesolithic Age
(c) Neolithic Age
(d) None of these
Ans:- (c) Neolithic Age.
6. The Harappan site showing evidence of two cultural phases, Harappan and pre-Harappan. Is ?
Ans:- (a) Kalibangan.
7. The earliest evidence of silver in India is found in the………………….
(a) Harappan Culture
(b) Chalcolithic cultures of Western India
(c) Vedic texts
(d) Silver punch-marked coins
Ans:- (a) Harappan Culture.
8. The ind -Valley Civilization is known as Pre Aryan Civilization because of the evidence of………….
Ans:- (d) Script.
9. The script of Indus Valley Civilization was-
Ans:- (d) Undeciphered.
10. Knowledge about the existence of which of the following animals is doubtful in the Indus Valley Civilization ?
Ans:- (b) Cat.
11. The Indus Valley Civilization belongs to the
(a) Neolithic Age
(b) Palaeolithic Age
(c) Chalcolithic Age
(d) Mesolithic Age
Ans:- (a) Neolithic.
12. Which of the following Harappan sites had a dock ?
Ans:- (c) Lothal.
13. Which of the following statements regarding Indus Valley Civilization is incorrect ?
(a) The supreme god was the Pipal God
(b) Excavations at Lothal proved that the civilization was confined to Harappa and Mohenjodaro only.
(c) People had great artistic sense.
(d) There was a great communal bath in Mohenjodaro.
Ans:- (b) Excavations at Lothal proved that the civilization was confined to Harappa and Mohenjodaro only.
14. At which of the following places have excavations in recent years brought to light new evidence of Neolithic sites in India ?
(a) Hamren in Assam
(b) Daimahad in Ahmednagar
(c) Hulas in Saharanpur
(d) Sringaverapura in U.P.
Ans:- (a) Hamren in Assam.
15. The figure of the god that was depicted in the seal of Indus Valley people is ?
Ans:- (d) Pashupati.
16. Which of the following is incorrect concerning Mohenjodaro ?
(a) It was a well planned city.
(b) Buildings were of varying sizes.
(c) Bathrooms were important features of most houses,
(d) There was no drainage system.
Ans:- (d) There was no drainage system.
17. The Indus Valley people had trade relations with
Ans:- (d) Mesopotamia.
18. The Indus Valley houses were built of ?
Ans:- (b) Bricks.
19. Indus Valley Civilization is also known as Harappan culture because ?
(a) The site of Harappa is six times larger than Mohenjodaro site.
(b) The Indus Valley Civilization is considered the elementary/initial stage of Vedic culture and Harappa is believed to be the same as Harappa mentioned in the Vedas.
(c) Harappa was the first site to be excavated in the Indus Valley,
(d) The most important evidence of the achievements of this civilization have been excavated from Harappa.
Ans:- (d) The most important evidence of the achievements of this civilization have been excavated from Harappa.
20. The God with three heads and horns, surrounded by animals represented on a seal from Mohenjodaro is said to be ?
Ans:- (d) Pashupati.
Hi, I’m Dev Kirtonia, Founder & CEO of Dev Library. A website that provides all SCERT, NCERT 3 to 12, and BA, B.com, B.Sc, and Computer Science with Post Graduate Notes & Suggestions, Novel, eBooks, Biography, Quotes, Study Materials, and more.