Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 6 Amanda!, Class 10 English MCQ Question Answer, Class 10 English Multiple Choice Question Answer to each chapter is provided in the list of SCERT English Class 10 Objective Types Question Answer so that you can easily browse through different chapters and select needs one. Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 6 Amanda! Question Answer can be of great value to excel in the examination.
SCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 6 Amanda!
SCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 6 Amanda! Notes covers all the exercise questions in SCERT Science Textbooks. The NCERT Class 10 English MCQ Chapter 6 Amanda! provided here ensures a smooth and easy understanding of all the concepts. Understand the concepts behind every chapter and score well in the board exams.
Chapter – 6
Multiple Choice Questions & Answers
1. Amanda was a–
(i) angry girl
(ii) moody girl
(iii) selfish girl
(iv) all of these
Ans. (ii) moody girl.
2. Amanda wanted–
(iv) none of these
Ans. (ii) Freedom.
3. The word ‘Drifting’ means–
(i) moving fast
(iii) moving slowly
Ans. (iii) Moving slowly.
4. Amanda was a___
(iv) all of above
Ans. (ii) Teenager.
5. A mermaid stays in–
Ans. (ii) Sea.
6. ____Writes the poem Amanda.
(i) Bsor Ester
(ii) Robin Klein
(iv) None of above
Ans. (ii) Robin Klein.
7. Amanda yearned for–
Ans. (b) Freedom.
8. According to Amanda, who of the following was happier than her?
(a) The mermaid
(b) The orphan
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of (a) and (b)
Ans. (c) Both (a) and (b).
9. The mermaid was happy, because–
(a) She lived under water
(b) She could swim
(c) She was alone
(d) There was no one to exercise control over her.
Ans. (d) There was no one to exercise control over her.
10. The orphan was happy, because–
(a) He had no one to be taken care of
(b) He could roam around
(c) He could spend silent times
(d) He could enjoy freedom
Ans. (d) He could enjoy freedom.
11. The life of the mermaid is–
(a) Lonely and sad
(b) Lonely and blissful
(c) Lonely and depressing
(d) Lonely and silent
Ans. (b) Lonely and blissful.
12. Amanda experienced–
Ans. (d) Dominance.
13. Amanda compared herself with–
(b) A witch
(c) A princess
Ans. (d) Rapunzel.
14. Amanda was asked by either a parent or an elder–
(a) not to bite her nails
(b) not to hunch her shoulders
(c) to sit straight
(d) All of the above
Ans. (d) All of the above.
15. What did spoil Amanda’s childhood pleasures?
(a) Her failure in study
(b) her ugly look
(c) Constant controls exercised by her parents and elders on her
(d) Lack of friends.
Ans. (c) Constant controls exercised by her parents and elders on her.
Very Short Type Questions & Answers
1. Who was Amanda?
Ans. Amanda was a school going girl.
2. Why did Amanda dislike her parents?
Ans. She disliked her parents for the excessive instructions.
3. Was Amanda an orphan?
Ans. No, She was not an orphan.
4. She says herself an orphan, why?
Ans. Excessive control and instructions makes her angry, thus she says so.
5. Why Amanda is forbidden to eat chocolate?
Ans. She is forbidden to eat chocolate as she had an acne.
6. Who was Rapunzel?
Ans. Rapunzel was an imaginary character in this poem. It was guessed to be a witch.
7. What type of girl was Amanda?
Ans. Amanda was a moody girl.
8. What did Amanda yearn for?
Ans. Amanda yearned for freedom.
9. Who is the poet of the poem ‘Amanda’?
Ans. ‘Robin Klein’ is the poet of the poem ‘Amanda’.
10. Who, do you, think exercise control over Amanda?
Ans. Either one of her parents or some elder exercise control over Amanda.
11. Is Amanda a student? How do you know?
Ans. Yes, Amanda is a student.She is given homework to do that proves that she is a student.
12. How is Amanda asked to sit?
Ans. Amanda is asked to sit strait without slouching.
13. How is the sea in which the mermaid lives?
Ans. The sea in which the mermaid lives is bright and tranquil.
14. How does the mermaid live in the sea?
Ans. The mermaid lives alone and blissfully.
15. What questions were asked to Amanda?
Ans. Amanda was asked if she had done her homework, tidied her room and cleaned her shoes.
16. Where does the Amanda roam?
Ans. The orphan roams in the street.
17. What does she do with her bare feet?
Ans. The orphan draws pattern on the dust with his bare feet.
18. How are silence and freedom?
Ans. Silence golden, freedom is sweet.
19. Who, among Amanda, the mermaid and the orphan are happier and why?
Ans. Among the three the mermaid and the orphan are happier. Because there is no one to exercise control over their freedom to move and act freely.
20. How old is Amanda? How do you know?
How do you know that Amanda is a teenager?
Ans. Amanda is a minor school going girl.I know it from the homework given to her. She is a teenager.
21. Who, do you think, is speaking to her?
Ans. I think her mother is speaking to her.
22. Choose from the box given below, the words that rhymes with the following: cage stairs hums heat
|Comes, furs, rage, stares, edge, Cars, village, feet, runs, hit|
Ans. Cage rage.
23. What could Amanda do if she were a mermaid?
Ans. If she were a mermaid Amanda could live alone and blissfully.
24. Is Amanda an orphan? Way dose she say do?
Ans. Amanda is not an orphan, She says so thinking that is she were an orphan she could have been freer than what she had been.